Systems Cybersecurity Engineer (9196)
Location: Schriever AFB, CO
Clearance: Secret (or be eligible to obtain a Secret)
Description:Systems Cybersecurity Engineer to support the MDA/SN Cybersecurity team on the JRDC program, at Schriever AFB, CO. Systems Cybersecurity Engineer to support the MDA Director of Sensors (MDA/SN) as a member of the JRDC Sensor Modeling Center’s (SMC) cybersecurity team, under the JRDC Modeling, Operations and Stimulations (MOS) directorate. This program protects complex software/hardware/network systems and data used to provide the framework capabilities necessary to develop complex Missile Defense Modeling and Simulation (M&S) software products. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Providing technical cybersecurity engineering development and cybersecurity program sustainment support for the SMC cybersecurity program; Appling cybersecurity engineering principles during planning evolutions to design, develop, and implement secure solutions; Brief Solutions, once developed, to the system’s Government Program Office (PO), Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM), and system level Configuration Control Board (CCB) for approvals.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of experience
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAM Level III qualified with up-to-date qualifications; i.e. GSLC, CISM, CISSP (or associate).
- At least one Computing Environment (CE) qualification; i.e. RHSA, Linux+, MCSA, HBSS Level III.
- Experience deriving engineering and accreditation requirements from NIST SP 800-53 and creating documentation based upon that assessment.
- Ability to understand and articulate concepts within the DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) for CEs related to: databases, Operating Systems, Network devices, and Software Development, (i.e., Zone D ISOLAN security configurations).
- Experience with automated cybersecurity tools such as ACAS, HBSS, ArcSighte Logger, AntiVirus, Host Firewall, STIG Compliance Checker (SCC), SCAP scripts; Windows Active Directory Domain (ADD), Windows application security, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and/or Cisco.
- Strong technical authoring and writing ability.
- Project management skills needed to plan for and oversee cybersecurity engineering projects.
- Experience with BIOS, RAID, OS and Application level patch and security systems update administration management.
- Understanding infrastructure design and evaluation.
- Understanding of industry/DoD standard Troubleshooting Techniques; Systems cybersecurity requirement implementations; and cybersecurity planning documentation development.
- Knowledge of automated security audit log analysis systems and associated Incident Detection processes; ie. Data loss prevention, intrusion detection.
- Knowledge of CSP related system level firewall and IPS tuning.
- Proficiency in Public Key Infrastructure (PKI); Host Base Security System (HBSS) and its components, the DoD IAVM Program; any DoD Connection Approval Processes (CAP); open source software (OSS) evaluation; TEMPEST; security incident handling; Secure Code Development to include source code level security testing for software evaluation and certification; Common Criteria requirements and when they apply locally; FIPS 140-2 standards and when they apply.
Required license or certification:
E-mail resumes to: L.C. Wright Jobs