SMC Software Engineer (9200)
Location: Schriever AFB, CO
Clearance: Secret (or be eligible to obtain a Secret)
Description:Software Engineer to provide engineering support for the Modeling and Operations Software (MOS) Directorate Sensor Modeling Center (SMC) organization on the JRDC program at Schriever AFB, CO. The Software Engineer will work with a team of engineers and analysts in the architecture, design, implementation and maintenance of a suite of sensor models, used for element and system level analysis, and for verification and validation of models and simulations. The Software Engineer will coordinate element and system-level performance parameters across multiple organizations within MDA and provide analysis and quick-turn software support for multiple events including performance assessments, digital simulation events, system development, risk reduction, ground and flight tests, and mission planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, 5 years of relevant experience.
- Must be proficient in C++ and one other programming language.
- Must have education in or experience with Linux and/or Unix based development, understanding all phases of software development.
- Must have experience with or education in object-oriented software development methodologies.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Strong background in math and physics
- Knowledge/experience in several of the following: missile defense domain, GPU Programming, CUDA, Open CL, Java, MySQL, modeling and simulation, or parallel computing
- Current DoD Secret clearance
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Software engineering: 5 years
Required license or certification:
E-mail resumes to: L.C. Wright Jobs