Enterprise Systems Design Engineer (9231)
Location: Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL
Clearance: Secret (or be eligible to obtain a Secret)
Background:Enterprise Systems Design Engineer to support the IT Services organization on the JRDC program based at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL. Duties include design, documentation, implementation and testing of enterprise class server infrastructure, virtualization and standard operating systems, and applications. Will be responsible for deriving system-level requirements from architectural guidelines and project objectives. Responsible for developing detailed designs with supporting implementation, test and transition plans. Will also be responsible for ushering proposed system changes through the Configuration Management process to successful implementation for transition to the O&M RBA teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related discipline
- 8 years of professional hands-on experience in design and implementation of the following technologies: VMware (vSphere and ESXi Management) and Enterprise enclosures and blade servers.
- The candidate must have full engineering lifecycle experience to support project development.
- The candidate must have experience with risk management and design engineering within a process oriented environment.
- The candidate must possess one of the following certifications: CompTIA Security+ with CE enrollment, Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- The candidate must have or be able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with VMware vSphere and ESXi Management, HP enterprise blade systems, MS Windows Server 2008 or newer, and Linux.
- Solid understanding of various development life cycles such as the SDLC, SE V, ITIL, etc.
- Must have strong technical writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- systems design engineering: 8 years
Required license or certification:
- Security+, SCNP, SSCP, GSEC, or CISSP
E-mail resumes to: L.C. Wright Jobs