Enterprise Network Timing Design Engineer (3784)
Location: Schriever AFB, CO
Clearance: Top Secret (or be eligible to obtain a Top Secret)
Background:Enterprise Network Timing Design Engineer to support the IT Services organization on the JRDC program based at Schriever AFB, CO.Duties include technical oversight of other engineers, design, configuration, installation and test of IT network systems and timing distribution primarily consisting of Cisco and MS Windows based LAN/WANs. Will be responsible for deriving system-level requirements from architectural guidelines and project objectives. Responsible for developing detailed designs with supporting implementation, test and transition plans. Will also be responsible for ushering proposed system changes through the Configuration Management process to successful implementation for transition to the O&M RBA teams.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience utilizing strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- DoD 8570 approved IA certification such as Security+ with Continuing Education (CE) or CISSP.
- 10 years of general IT experience and 5 years hands-on experience designing and implementing network components including switches, routers, firewalls, and cryptographic devices.
- Experience or education in Network Time Protocol (NTP), IRIG, reference frequencies and applicable testing
- Must possess a minimum DoD Top Secret level security clearance (SCI required).
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or IT related discipline.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, routing protocols, layer 2 protocols, multicast, local and long-haul data transmission mediums (RS-530, T1, OC-x, etc.), SONET, Type I encryption devices and network timing systems.
- Cisco Certified Network or Design Professional (CCNP or CCDP) certification.
- Solid understanding of various development life cycles such as the SDLC, ITIL, etc.
- Strong understanding and design experience with GPS (UTC) time and timing distribution.
- Ability to obtain a TS clearance.
- Hands-on network design and implementation: 8 years
Required license or certification:
E-mail resumes to: L.C. Wright Jobs